Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Magazine Features!

There are days when I wake up and think someone should pinch me.  If you had told me 5 years ago when I was leaving my high school teaching job to be a stay-at-home mom that I would one day be published in not one but SIX magazines, I would have said you’re a total liar liar pants on fire.

Earlier this year, Robert and I had our window seat project published in Better Homes and Gardens.

This fall, we had Olivia’s wardrobe reading nook published in Flea Market Home & Living and our entire house tour spread published in Southern Cottage.

And for Christmas this year, we’ve racked up three more features to add to the pile.  I. just. can’t. even.

This Old House Magazine

Robert jokes that we’re now best friends with Bob Vila since our winter botanical wall is in this month’s This Old House issue. 😉

How cool?!!!

Christmas magazine feature This Old House | Winter Botanical Wall

And two of my Christmas decorating projects from years’ past ended up in two different issues of Country Sampler.

Christmas magazine feature Country Sampler

I still remember the “light bulb moment” when I stuck this jingle bell on a plate while I was decorating our dining room table for Christmas and discovered it made the perfect place card holder

…even though, technically, we’re more casual, buffet-line style dinner kind of people.

Christmas magazine feature Country Sampler | Jingle Bell Place Card Holder

But what’s really hilarious to me is seeing our old “builder grade” house from three years ago in a magazine.

Christmas magazine feature Country Sampler

This was the very first Christmas home tour I ever shared on this blog, and I never would have thought this is where it would end up 3 years later. It’s funny for me to see how much my style has changed since we moved into this new house, but I still love both.

Christmas magazine feature Country Sampler | Country Christmas Decor

The coolest part though is seeing my own photos that I shot with my very own camera when I didn’t have a clue how to take pictures of anything not too long ago.

Christmas magazine feature Country Sampler | Country Christmas Decor

Flipping through this stack of magazines while snuggling our baby girl (who we found out we were expecting right after New Year’s this year) are making me think 2019 has some VERY big shoes to fill.  Because 2018 is pretty hard to beat.

But I know God has only just begun.  Seeing His plans unfold for Robert and me year after year always leaves me astounded, and I cannot wait to see what He does in our lives next.  It’s never without struggle and determination, but it’s always an enlightening journey.

I am so thankful for y’all as you’ve encouraged my little dreamer heart and been here every step of the way as I pour myself into everything we do.  I still can’t believe I get to do what I love for a living, and I hope our work of finding attainable ways to make a house feel like home has blessed you in some way too.

Don’t ever tell yourself that you shouldn’t dream big.  Don’t ever tell yourself that you can’t go out there and do what you really want to do.  Because it is absolutely 1000% possible with a leap of faith to trust the gifts God gave you.

The post Christmas Magazine Features! appeared first on Bless'er House.

No comments:

Post a Comment