Monday, December 10, 2018

DIY Holly Berry Christmas Ornaments

A quick tutorial for making pretty and simple Christmas ornaments using faux holly berries, greenery, and dollar store glass balls.

Hi Everyone! It’s Jennifer Zuri here from Town and Country Living with an easy tutorial for creating elegant glass ball Christmas ornaments. I’m so honored that Lauren invited me to create a guest post for her blog. I love her home and decorating style, and she has the sweetest family!

Today’s ornaments were inspired by a photo I saw on a decorating magazine’s website where they had tucked holly and berries inside a glass ball Christmas ornament. I couldn’t find any holly, but I did find some faux greenery that I thought would work just as well.

DIY Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments

These are so easy to make.

You’ll need:

  • plain glass ball ornaments
  • faux greenery
  • red velvet ribbon
  • a hot glue gun.

Snip bits of greenery short enough to fit inside the glass ball, and hot glue the ends of the greenery onto the inside of the metal cap of the ornament. Allow it to cool for a bit, then carefully guide the greenery into the glass ball and place the metal cap back on.

DIY Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments

You can then hot glue a strip of red velvet ribbon around the outside of the metal cap. I also added a couple mini pine cones into the glass ball. Just be sure that whatever you purchase for the inside of the glass balls will fit through the opening.

Loop another piece of red velvet ribbon through the hoop at the top of the ornament and hang.

DIY Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments

Be creative! You can fill glass ball Christmas ornaments with a variety of items, as long as they’re small enough to fit!

DIY Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments

I love quick and easy Christmas projects, don’t you? Plus I love anything handmade for the holidays. These would make great teacher gifts too!

DIY Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments

Visit me at Town and Country Living for more crafts and decorating inspiration!

Thank you, Lauren, for letting me guest post on your blog today.

 – Jennifer

The post DIY Holly Berry Christmas Ornaments appeared first on Bless'er House.

No comments:

Post a Comment