Monday, October 8, 2018

5 Ways to Decorate With a Free Printable

Free printables are a great way to DIY decorate your home in a quick, easy and pretty way.  Check out these 5 great ideas for decorating with printables that won’t break the bank!

Kitchen Fall Home Tour at The Turquoise Home

Hi Bless’er House readers! 👋🏻 I’m Laura from The Turquoise Home and I’m so excited to share a fun post with you today all about one of my favorite ways to decorate: free printables.

Isn’t it fun to redecorate each season and have fun new decor every couple of months? Absolutely! But it’s not always budget-friendly. Womp. Womp. Who has $$$ to spend every single time the weather changes? Not me!

Fall Watercolor Free Printable

Fall Watercolor Printable Art

I started my blog back in 2012 because I was trying to decorate our new home on a budget. We had just bought a foreclosure home and didn’t have much to furnish it, so I started making my own decorations and furniture. I quickly learned about the wonderful world of free printables for decorating on the cheap!

Then I started making my own free printables and fell in love with creating them for my home and sharing them with my readers! Some of my most popular printables are O Holy Night, Cotton Stem Wreath Monograms and “Be Joyful Always” Fall Printables.

You can access my free printable library by clicking here and signing up for my e-mail newsletter. There are more than 40 free printables in my library, which I hope you will enjoy as you decorate your home.

I know Lauren has some gorgeous botanical free printables for every season, including these beautiful fall botanicals.

 

5 Ways to Decorate with a Free Printable

1. Frame It. This is the obvious first use for a printable and probably how 95% of all decorative printables are used. Just print it out, trim the edges to fit your frame and set it out to admire. I love to change out my framed decor every couple months with new, beautiful seasonal printables.

Be Joyful Always Free Fall Printable

2. Photo Transfer to Wood. This one is a new medium for me, but I love how you can take something free and make it into a beautiful wood creation.

DIY Photo transfer to Wood with a Free Printable

You can use anything from a favorite family photo to a quote to a free printable. The sky is the limit! Just remember to print it out in reverse with a laser printer and print on regular printer paper (not card stock). The process is really simple and easy and I share all of DIY details in this post!

3. Make a Pillow with Iron-on Paper. I used the same fall printable as above to make a really cute autumn pillow last year. I love how it turned out!

What?!? The cutest pillow is made from a free printable and some iron on transfer paper.

I even made a second project by cutting the word “gather” out and created a cute embroidery hoop decor last year for my fall decor.

The cutest little embroidery hoop made from a free printable --- love this!

The possibilities are endless with this, also. You just need some fabric, a printable and iron-on transfer paper and you’re all set! I think some printables would look really cute on a t-shirt or sweatshirt!

I shared the full tutorial in this post.

4. Tape it on a Cutting Board or Wooden Tablet Stand. This idea isn’t too different from framing a printable, but I like how just taping it up on a cutting board or an iPad stand looks so cute!

 

Is this not just the cutest thing you've ever seen?! These monogramed cotton stem free printables will look so cute in a farmhouse-styled home. Grab them in any monogram!

Use decorative washi tape to stick it to the board for a cute little detail.

Download this Spring Favorites Free Printable with birds, blooms, and rainboots. And gather inspiration from a fresh, flowery spring vignette.

5. Make a Gift Tag or Notecard. This isn’t exactly decorating for your home, but decorations for your gifts! I personally think gifts are an extension of our home and hospitality, so it’s fitting to make them pretty, too.

Some people offer their printables as notecards, but if not, I can still create a notecard from a printable.

When you print the printable, change the orientation to landscape and the scale to 40-45%. This makes the printable small enough to cut and fold along the edges and trim it to notecard size.

Free printables are a great way to decorate your home in a quick, easy way.  Check out these 5 ideas for decorating with printables on a budget.

You could also make gift tags like Lauren did for her pantry basket labels.

I’d love to hear your favorite ways to use a free printable in the comments below!

If you want to save this post for later, you can pin it here:

Free printables are a great way to decorate your home in a quick, easy way.  Check out these 5 ideas for decorating with printables on a budget.

The post 5 Ways to Decorate With a Free Printable appeared first on Bless'er House.

No comments:

Post a Comment