Wednesday, March 15, 2017

New House Sneak Peek!

The last time I wrote an update about our current life happenings, a lot of y’all had some questions… like why did you sell the house you just finished?  Where are you moving to?  Why can’t you show photos of the new place?  When will you be moving in?

There were a lot of cliff hangers, and I still can’t answer every single question about this move just yet since we’re very much in the middle of it.  But I always want to be upfront with y’all and give you a glimpse of real life.  So this is where we are currently.

Before I dive into all of the details though, allow me to introduce you to the new-to-us brick Colonial.

Isn’t it darling?!

The other day, while I was at the house for inspections, I managed to snap a few quick photos of the exterior.  I can’t show y’all the inside just yet since the current owners aren’t moved out yet, but an interior tour will happen after we close.

So about those questions…

Why did you sell your first house?

You can read more about that in this post, if you missed it, but basically we wanted more yard, more trees, an older, established neighborhood, and closer to my and Robert’s parents, so this new house has all of that and more.

Plus, we thought it would be fun to try our skills on an older house since we’ve learned quite a bit in the three years of being in the last house.  Now, we can take off our training wheels, so to speak.

Where are you moving to?

This is one of the most frequent questions I’ve been asked, and I really wish I could answer.  But for privacy reasons, we’d rather not put all of our bid-ness out there on the internet for anyone to read. So I won’t go into specifics about the name of our neighborhood or anything like that.

I mean… if I did, any ol’ Joe might show up for a dip in our pool.  Kidding. 😉  (Yeah, we have a pool! Whaat?!)

We’re still staying in the same general area in South Carolina in the suburbs of Charlotte though.

When will you be closing?

We’ll officially be signing on the dotted line in mid-April, so unfortunately, it’ll still be a bit of a wait, but we’re currently wrapping up my parents’ guest bedroom makeover (for which I’m photographing the reveal this week) and in the midst of all of this, we’re leavin’ on a jet plane for the Lowe’s makeover, which I’ll be sharing more about later.

Robert and I are staying busy, for sure.

So more deets about the new house…

It was built in 1960, so it has some age on it, but thankfully, it has been updated quite a bit over the years, so we’re not dealing with a majorly overwhelming fixer upper or anything like that.  It has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a playroom for Olivia, a big garage to handle our constant furniture makeovers and home improvement projects, an office for me, and some great character.  Robert is thinking the outdoor shed could become something really cool for him too.

The yard is so so charming with flowers and trees and a sweet little swing.  And then there’s this spacious covered back porch…

I already have so many ideas for this house, but I don’t plan on changing its style all that much like we did with the last house (ya know… the whole out with the builder grade, in with the farmhouse thing).  I want to embrace the beauty that is already there.  (There will still be plenty of change though.)

That’s all I can really tell y’all at this point.  We’re so thankful for all of your love and support that you’ve given us in emails and comments and on social media.  I’m amazed every day at just how many opportunities God has provided for Robert and me, and we can’t even begin to imagine what He has planned for us next.  But we know it’ll be awesome.  We’re just excited about the adventure.

The post New House Sneak Peek! appeared first on Bless'er House.

No comments:

Post a Comment